Have you ever tasted something that puts you right in the mood for summer? Well, St. Michaels’ own, Gourmet by the Bay has created this go to summer yummy! As the weather heats up , chill out with Gourmet by the Bay’s own Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup! Perfect for a backyard party or a quick dinner for you and your love!
Chilled Cucumber Avocado Soup
3 whole cucumbers
3 whole ripe avocados
3 cups sour cream
1/4 cup lime juice
2 oz rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, pulled from stem
salt and pepper to taste
- Peel avocados, remove inner seed. rough chop
- Wash cucumbers and chop, do not peel
- In a Cuisinart or blender, puree all ingredients except salt and pepper
- Once pureed to a semi-thick consistency, push the ingredients in small batches through semi-fine strainer. The mesh will be tight enough to catch cucumber skin, but not so fine that the liquid coming through is too thin. *The soup, once strained should be smooth in texture but not watery.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and chill.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with sour cream or serve in small shot glass as an hors d’oeuvre, garnished with a dot of chili oil.
Doesn’t that sounds so refreshing? Invite some girlfriends over for an afternoon of tasty treats and wedding talk! And for the perfect pairing?
1 lime quartered
2 fresh mint leaves
1 tablespoons sugar
2 slices fresh cucumber
Ice (about 6 cubes)
2 ounces white rum (Bacardi)
4 ounces club soda
- In a glass, squeeze the lime and add mint leaves and sugar. Muddle for a few seconds. Add the cucumber slices and ice. Add the rum and then top off with club soda. Stir gently and serve.
I want weekly inspiration!
Join our mailing list to make sure you never miss a post!