Inspired event lighting is the perfect opportunity to create mood, design, and visual impact within the wedding venue. Lights make your occasion feel like a celebration, make pictures pop, and allow your guests to see the amazing food you’re serving. Flowers, drapery, and tablecloths will be lost if you don’t show them off after sunset!
“You don’t have to overspend to make an impact with lighting but you do need to consider what purpose it will serve.” says Mark Peach, owner and operator of On Your Mark Lighting Design and Equipment. A good lighting designer listens to your needs and suggests lights that can serve multiple purposes making them functional and attractive. For example, they may suggest that you line the driveway with “Fete Lights” (a pretty strand of light bulbs strung between poles) providing light for departing guests and adding a festive feeling to the venue. “Up-Lights” with a blush colored leaf pattern could be used to jazz up the plain white ceiling and give the tent an intimate ambiance.
Before speaking with your lighting director, here are a few things to consider:
• What purpose will the lights fulfill? An ambient or artistic purpose?
• Does your food or bar area need lighting for working purposes?
• Do you need to light along a pathway to the parking area or for a gathering space outside?
• Do you want to highlight a certain architectural feature, such as trees or columns, or your floral arrangements at the venue?
• Do you just need casual dimmed lighting for the bar or flashing dance floor lighting?
Mark suggests brides and wedding planners bring wedding inspiration pictures when meeting with a lighting designer; there may be lighting options for your desired looks to achieve your design goals. That is the benefit of hiring professionals with experience. Inspired event lighting can help create incredible pictures and memories of your special day!